Embed from Getty Images
James Collins, who is remembered for three seasons at Villa Park between 2009-12, will rejoin on a short term deal.
The deal is widely reported to see Villa through until January 2019, when the transfer window re-opens.
Villa’s lack of cover at centre half has been a cause for concern all season, with promising rookie Axel Tuanzebe and captain James Chester the only cover available.
With Tommy Elphick on a season long loan at Hull and Chester nursing a troublesome knee, the re-signing of Collins appears prudent.
Collins, now 35, has been training with Villa at Bodymoor Heath since September.
- Brought in on trial by former boss Bruce.
- 5 Week Deal.
- 35 years old.
- 108 appearances for Villa 2009-12.
- Scored 6 goals.
- Retired Welsh international (51 Caps)
- Given a maximum fine by Villa in 2011 for “fracas”.
- Nicknamed the ‘Ginger Pele’.