Villa’s win over Crystal Palace (2-0) will have raised our collective hopes for nothing unless we beat Everton!
Palace was an essential victory to keep ourselves even with a remote chance of staying up, but after a victory for Bournemouth over Leicester (4-1) and with West Ham/Watford looming on Friday night, this is literally a must win game.
Ahead of our full Match Preview and Team News (1 Hour Before Kick Off) – we’ve compiled a must-know list of facts and stats ahead of Everton vs Villa:
Embed from Getty Images
EVERTON VS VILLA
KEY FACTS & STATS
- Fixture: 16th July 2020 | Kick Off Time: 18:00 GMT
- Wesley, Heaton & Engels are out. Hause & Taylor are doubts for Villa
- Everton will be without former Villa captain Fabian Delph.
- Yerry Mina, Mason Holgate and Andre Gomes will get late fitness tests
- Everton have not lost on home soil in their last 10 outings.
- Everton’s last defeat at Goodison was in November 2019 against Norwich (0-2)!
- They’ve also scored at least 2 goals against us in the last 6 at Goodison.
- We’ve suffered defeat in each of our last 3 visits.
- Dean Smith will be looking for a first away win in 6 attempts.
- Everton lost poorly to Wolves in their last fixture 3-0.
- Carlo Ancelotti rested a number of first team regulars in that defeat.
- The Toffees came in for stinging criticism from the manager & Seamus Coleman.
- Villa comfortably won 2-0 against Crystal Palace at Villa Park.
- It was just our 2nd win of 2020, coming after a victory over Watford in January.
- Wesley & El Ghazi scored as Villa beat Everton 2-0 earlier this season.
- It was Villa’s first Premier League win following promotion.
- If we were to win, it would be Villa’s first double over Everton since the 2001 campaign.
- Villa can narrow the gap to Watford/West Ham to just 1 point with a win.
- Everton are currently in 11th position.
- They’ve little to play for and are 10 points off 6th placed Wolves (Europa League).
- Villa are presently in 19th place in the Premier League.
- We are currently four points from safety with just 3 games remaining.
- Everton Average Goals Per Match: 1.21
- Villa Average Goals Per Match: 1.09
- Everton are winless in three matches.
- Villa Predicted Starting XI: (4-3-3) – Reina; Elmohamady, Konsa, Mings, Targett; Douglas Luiz, McGinn, Hourihane; Trezeguet, Samatta, Grealish
- Everton Predicted Starting XI: (4-4-2) – Pickford; Coleman, Keane, Holgate, Digne; Bernard, Davies, Sigurdsson, Iwobi; Richarlison, Calvert-Lewin
- Aston Villa Form Guide: LDLLLW
- Everton Form Guide: DWWLDL
- Match Referee: Anthony Taylor
Don’t forget to SIGN UP to our 100% FREE Villa Newsletter.
A decade of Villa News to your inbox – JOIN TODAY!
Sources: WhoScored, StatsZone, 90Min, BBC, SportsMole.