Ahead of The Villa Underground’s Match Preview and confirmed team news (available 1 hour before kick-off), we have compiled all the key facts and stats below:
Manchester United v Aston Villa – 01.01.2021
Key Facts & Statistics
- Kick Off Time = 20:00pm / 8pm [GMT]
- Venue: Old Trafford
- Referee: Michael Oliver.
- Watch/Stream – The game will be shown on Sky Sports (Subscription Required)
- Victor Lindelof is a doubt for the hosts with a back problem.
- Alex Telles is available despite coming off at HT for United midweek.
- Edinson Cavani won’t feature after being suspended by the FA.
- Anthony Martial is expected to deputise in Cavani’s absence.
- Ross Barkley is match fit and available after a 6-week injury layoff.
- Tyrone Mings is available after suspension. He saw red against Palace.
- Expect to see Kortney Hause drop to the bench, in favour of Konsa/Mings.
- Villa are currently on their best start to a PL season in 2 decades.
- Dean Smith has Villa performing best whilst away from home.
- Villa’s form has gone from losing 4 in 6, to being unbeaten in 5.
- United are unbeaten in the last 15 meetings between the sides.
- Villa’s last victory at Old Trafford was in 2009.
- You have to then go back to 1989 for Villa’s last win at United.
- Last years fixture ended 2-2, including a Grealish screamer.
- Villa’s ‘keeper Tom Heaton registered an own-goal in last years game.
- That draw ended a Villa run of 6 straight defeats at Old Trafford.
- If Man Utd win, it’ll be their 100th over Villa. Their biggest over any side.
- Villa beat United 1-0 in pre-season, with Ollie Watkins scoring.
- United beat Villa 3-0 in the clubs last competitive meeting at Villa Park.
- Jack Grealish stats: Key passes (51) and shot-creation (98).
- Grealish also remains the Premier League’s most fouled player.
- Emiliano Martinez has 8 clean sheets. The best in the PL.
- Villa have just 1 win in 43 attempts at Old Trafford in the PL.
- United are currently on a 9 match unbeaten run.
- The hosts hold the record for New Years Day wins – 27.
- Villa are unbeaten in 10 New Years Day fixtures.
- Pogba has now gone 21 appearances since scoring.
- Fernandes has been involved in 32 goals in 29 PL games.
- If Villa avoid defeat, it would be our best lossless streak since 2012.
- A Villa win would equal those achieved during all last season.
- Anwar El Ghazi has 5 goals in his last 5 outings.
- Ollie Watkins is now 7 games without a goal.
- United beat Wolves 1-0 last time out, scoring in the 93rd minute.
- Villa impressed in a 1-1 draw at Stamford Bridge.
- Villa have the 2nd best defence in the league, conceding 14 times.
- Villa PL Form: LWDWWD
- Man Utd PL Form: WDWWDW
- Man Utd Form All Comps: DWWWDW
- Villa PL: 5th on 26 points.
- Man Utd PL: 2nd on 30 points.
Don’t forget to SIGN UP to our 100% FREE Villa Newsletter.
A decade of Villa News to your inbox – JOIN TODAY!
Want to help even more? Please Donate
Embed from Getty Images