Ahead of The Villa Underground Match Preview and Team News (available 1 hour before kick off), here are the key facts and stats ahead of the game.
- Ross Barkley is unavailable due to a combination of injury and also being prohibited from playing against his parent club.
- Tyrone Mings is suspended after seeing red in the Boxing Day victory over Crystal Palace.
- Ezri Konsa is expected to partner Kortney Hause at centre-back.
- Chelsea were poor and lost 3-1 to Arsenal in their Boxing Day fixture.
- There have been just 48 hours between each teams last matches.
- Frank Lampard referred to Chelsea’s last display as “lazy“.
- Villa are now above Lampard’s side, with two games in hand.
- Ziyech is definitely out for the hosts.
- Frank Lampard has indicated that he will make up to 7 changes.
- Ben Chilwell and Reece James may have late fitness tests.
- Wesley and Trezeguet will be unavailable for Villa due to injury.
- Chelsea have lost 3 of their last 4 games.
- Dean Smith is looking to extend Villa’s unbeaten run to 4 games.
- Chelsea won the last encounter 2-1 (June 2021).
- The hosts have also won their last 6 games against Villa.
- Villa have lost 10 of the last 11 games against Chelsea.
- Villa’s last Premier League win over Chelsea was in March 2014.
- The aggregate score over the last 5 encounters is 17-2 in the Blues favour.
- Chelsea’s 8-0 victory over us in 2012 is their biggest ever league win.
- Villa’s biggest win over Chelsea was 7-1 (1951/52)
- Villa’s biggest win at Stamford Bridge was 6-3 (1931/32)
- Villa haven’t kept a clean sheet at Stamford Bridge since March 1998.
- Villa’s last win at Stamford Bridge was in 2011 – Alex McLeish in charge as Ireland, Petrov and Bent got the goals.
- Former Villa loanee Tammy Abraham has scored 26 goals since the start of last season.
- Olivier Giroud has scored 8 times in his last 6 appearances against Villa.
- Ollie Watkins is Villa’s top goalscorer this term with 6; but hasn’t scored in his last 6 appearances.
- Jack Grealish has 6 assists to his name already this season.
- Emi Martinez has 8 clean sheets, the highest in the division.
- Villa haven’t conceded in the last 4 PL fixtures.
- Six of Villa’s side have started all 13 of matches this season.
- Villa have 25 points from 11 games – our best points haul in 22 years.
- Smith has won 5 of Villa’s 6 games on the road so far this campaign.
- By contrast, Chelsea are unbeaten in their 6 home games.
- If Villa were to secure a 9th win, this would match the number achieved all last season.
- Chelsea PL Form: DWLLWL
- Villa PL Form: LLWDWW
- Kick Off Time: 5:30pm / 17:30pm GMT
- Venue: Stamford Bridge (London, England)
- Referee: Stuart Attwell
- Watch or Stream: Via Amazon Prime (Requires subscription)
A decade of Villa News to your inbox – JOIN TODAY!
Want to help even more? Please DonateEmbed from Getty Images