This Tuesday night tie has suddenly taking on both importance and interest as Villa look to arrest a worrying malaise in the league.
Steve Bruce, approaching his second anniversary as Villa boss now finds himself in a two game window after a dismal slump in form. With the new owners watching ahead of the upcoming international break, the manager finds himself for the first time genuinely ‘at risk’.
After a thumping defeat at Sheffield United, a last gasp draw at Blackburn, Villa managed to overturn Rotherham at Villa Park.
However, a concerning defeat at home to Sheffield Wednesday and a lacklustre away point at Bristol City have alarm bells ringing as a season marked for promotion looks far from assured.
On Twitter? Be sure to follow The Villa Underground.
- Steve Bruce’s job is reportedly now ‘under threat’.
- Villa lost to Sheffield Wednesday (2-1) last time out at Villa Park.
- Villa drew with Bristol City (1-1) last Friday (Away).
- Last two Villa/Preston games at VP have ended in draws.
- Preston have conceded 3+ goals 5 times this season (all comps).
- They’ve also lost 7 of last 9 in all competitions.
- However, they’ve scored at least twice in 5 of 6 recent outings.
- Preston have worst defensive record: 21 conceded in 10 games.
- Villa currently sit 15th.
- Preston currently sit 24th (Bottom).
- Yannick Bolasie & Scott Hogan are now match fit.
- Tammy Abraham is expected to feature, but remains a doubt.
- Villa could rise as high as 5th with a victory, results permitting.
The Villa Underground has received your support since 2011.
Please consider subscribing & support independent Villa news.