This Tuesday night tie has suddenly taking on both importance and interest as Villa look to arrest a worrying malaise in the league.
Steve Bruce, approaching his second anniversary as Villa boss now finds himself in a two game window after a dismal slump in form. With the new owners watching ahead of the upcoming international break, the manager finds himself for the first time genuinely ‘at risk’.
On Twitter? Be sure to follow The Villa Underground.
- Steve Bruce’s job is reportedly now ‘under threat’.
- Villa lost to Sheffield Wednesday (2-1) last time out at Villa Park.
- Villa drew with Bristol City (1-1) last Friday (Away).
- Last two Villa/Preston games at VP have ended in draws.
- Preston have conceded 3+ goals 5 times this season (all comps).
- They’ve also lost 7 of last 9 in all competitions.
- However, they’ve scored at least twice in 5 of 6 recent outings.
- Preston have worst defensive record: 21 conceded in 10 games.
- Villa currently sit 15th.
- Preston currently sit 24th (Bottom).
- Yannick Bolasie & Scott Hogan are now match fit.
- Tammy Abraham is expected to feature, but remains a doubt.
- Villa could rise as high as 5th with a victory, results permitting.
The Villa Underground has received your support since 2011.
Please consider subscribing & support independent Villa news.