After a woeful performance and hammering against Sheffield United (4-1), calls for the manager’s head and a late equaliser salvaging a point against Blackburn (1-1), perhaps another game can’t come soon enough.
Villa urgently need to get back on track to quell fan concerns that a third season in the Championship may not yield a promotion push.
With new faces Abraham, Bolasie and El Ghazi available to improve Villa’s tepid attack, Bruce will find himself under close scrutiny against visitors Rotherham.
- Villa last 5 games: DDDLD
- Rotherham last 5 games: LLWLW
- Villa have lost just once in last 5 games.
- However, no wins for Villa & Bruce in this period.
- Villa are currently 12th – 5 points behind 1st (Leeds)
- Rotherham are currently 14th – a win would leapfrog Villa.
- Visitors have lost 4 of opening 7 games.
- Rotherham have lost 100% (3) away games this term.
- Rotherham have scored just 1 away, conceding 8.
- They’ve also lost 25 of their last 28 away Championship games.
- Villa have won the last 3 head-to-heads.
- Scott Hogan & Kienan Davies remain unavailable.
Despite a concerning dip in recent form from Villa, Rotherham don’t appear to be the sternest test when on the road.
Coupled with our good home form, the addition of some attacking flair (that hopefully fires), there should be enough amongst the ranks to see us back to winning ways. If not, expect a serious examination of Bruce.
Prediction: Villa 2-0 Rotherham.