After a comfortable midweek victory over Norwich City (0-2), Villa return to home soil to face relegation threatened Burnley.
This represents a great opportunity for Gerrard to secure at fifth victory since his arrival at the club. The former Rangers boss’ only defeats have come at the hands of Manchester City (0-2) and Liverpool (1-0). It’s been a very good start to say the least.
With uncertainty as to whether there may be an enforced Covid break due to rising cases, the Premier League is reported to be reluctant to pause the campaign.
Thursday saw six top-flight games postponed, and Villa’s fixture against Burnley is now the only remaining 3pm kick-off. Representatives of each club, including Captains are scheduled to meet this Monday to discuss the issue.
If you are attending today’s fixture at Villa Park you will need to follow and fulfill regulations in order to enter Villa Park – find full details here.
- Villa have won 5 of 7 games under Steven Gerrard.
- Villa defeated former boss Dean Smith midweek 1-0.
- Burnley’s midweek game was postponed due to C-19.
- The Clarets haven’t scored in their last 3 games.
- Villa have only won 1 of the last 6 against Burnley (Jan, ’20)
- AVFC have scored in the last 9 games at Villa Park.
- Burnley haven’t won in last 9 away from Turf Moor.
- Visitors have drawn 5 of their last 6.
- Dyche’s side have dropped 14 pts from winning positions.
- Buendia & Young will have late fitness tests.
- Sanson & El Ghazi are out with Coronavirus.
- Marvelous Nakamba is out with a long term knee injury.
- Villa could rise as high as 7th with a win.
- Kick off 3pm (GMT)
Aston Villa 2-0 Burnley