- Victory at Rotherham would be the first time since April 2010 (vs. Blues no less…) that Villa have managed to win 3 consecutive games. Lambert, McLeish, Houllier, Sherwood, Garde & Di Matteo have been and gone in this period.
- Villa go into the game after victories against Derby &
- The hosts lost 3-0 to Villa in the reverse fixture earlier in the season.
- Leandro Bacuna misses out, with his ban extended to 6 games for behaviour towards an official against Derby.
- Scott Hogan remains at least a fortnight away from match fitness after injury sustained at Newcastle.
- Gardner & the impressing Andre Green are injured, with knocks picked up against Bristol City.
- Villa have lost the last 5 games away from home.
- Villa have also lost 7 of last 8 away games.
- Rotherham have lost 7 of their last 8 total fixtures.
- Rotherham are 16 points from safety in their relegation battle.
- Hosts have conceded a whopping 23 times in the last 15 minutes of games.
- Villa score on average just 1 in every 2 games away from Villa Park.
- Jonathan Kodjia has 12 goals this season; 5 in his last 10 games.
- This is Villa’s first visit to Rotherham’s New York Stadium.
- Hosts have a plethora of injury problems hampering their efforts.
- Villa could rise as high as 13th with a victory.
- Villa’s last away win was against QPR in December.
- Oppostion player watch: Anthony Forde (Assist & a goal last week)
- Micah Richards (remember him?!) is match fit & may feature.
0-4 to Villa.
We have to carry on what we have done in the last couple of games.
The team are gelling, there have been big changes in the summer and Christmas, we have half a dozen living in hotels.
The spirit, bond and friendship is growing and it is good to see.
We will work to bring them closer together and the more wins we have will bring that spirit.