Aston Villa Team News vs Southampton (Away)
Embed from Getty Images
Nyland, Elmohamady, Engels, Drinkwater, Hourihane, Trezeguet, Borja.
There’s no doubt about it, this is a classic six pointer as we now begin to look nervously over our shoulder.
Whilst some might point to a Southampton side that infamously shipped nine against Leicester earlier this term, they have pulled away from trouble (12th, 31 points). However, Villa’s hosts will be under no illusions that their Premier League status is assured and will likely have Villa circled as a home game to aim for three points.
For Villa, after a dissapointing defeat to Bournemouth and last minute heartbreak in losing to Spurs in the depths on injury time, it’s becoming now or never. With West Ham and Watford just a single point behind us, we simply need to begin grinding out important results, by any means.
Whilst we are dismal on the road (just 8 points from 38 away from Villa Park), Saints’ success has come on the road. The fact that our hosts have the worst home record in the division cannot be a fact we somehow manage to reverse today.
- Tyrone Mings returns to the side after a spell out injured.
- Villa have managed just 8 points from 38 possible available away.
- Southampton have the worst home record in the Premier League.
- Saints have also conceded the most at home in the league (30 in 13).
- Southampton Form: WWLWLL
- Aston Villa Form: WLDWLL
- Top Scorer Villa: Grealish (7)
- Top Scorer Saints: Ings (15)
- Southampton lost to Burnley last time out, their 2nd consecutive defeat.
- Wesley, McGinn, Heaton and Steer remain out injured for Villa.
- Villa are winless in the last 7 attempts against Saints.
- Kick Off 3pm (GMT)
- Sources: Guardian – Sports Mole – Sky Sports
SIGN UP NOW FOR FREE