Ipswich Town are the visitors to Villa Park today, with Villa looking to halt an alarming slip in league form. Villa urgently need to return to winning ways to prevent the season from being a total write off. A win today would provide some renewed impetus against Tuesday nights visit of Barnsley.
10 POINT PREVIEW
- Villa will miss Grealish (Suspension), Jedinak (Groin) & Agbonlahor (Hamstring).
- Ipswich have their top scorer (Lawrence) & centre half Berra back.
- Villa remain unbeaten at home this season, contrasting to dismal away form.
- Signings Hogan, Lansbury, Hourihane, Bjarnason, Bree & Taylor set to start.
- Villa: 14th & have lost 5 of last 6 games.
- Ipswich: 16th & have secured just 2 points from last 12 available.
- Ipswich have one win in 8.
- Visitors were dumped out of Cup by Lincoln City.
- Both sides on 36 points, 8 points above relegation.
- Opposing managers Bruce & McCarthy have been promoted from the 2nd tier twice.