Villa are all set ahead of a tasty late kick off against Premier League Champions Liverpool this evening – The Villa Underground has compiled a list of key facts and stats ahead of kick off.
YOU NEED TO KNOW
- The visitors are expected to make eight (rotated) changes after their Carabao Cup loss to Arsenal on penalties midweek.
- Diogo Jota, formerly of Wolves, is expected to debut for Liverpool.
- Both Villa and Liverpool have 100% records so far this term.
- Villa have defeated Sheffield Utd and Fulham, taking 6 from 6 available.
- It took Villa 8 games to reach 6 points last season.
- Sadio Mane and new signing Thiago will not feature due to Coronavirus.
- Matip, Tsimikas, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Henderson are out as well.
- Engels, Hause, Heaton, Wesley, Nyland are all out for Villa.
- Jota won’t feature either – he terminated his deal with immediate effect.
- Jack Grealish will return to captain Villa after a dead leg against Fulham.
- Ross Barkley, a boyhood Everton fan, is expecte to start for AVFC.
- Klopps side have won the last 5 consecutive games against Villa.
- Dean Smith will be mindful that Villa last beat Liverpool at home in 2011.
- Concerningly for us, this is the fixture with the highest PL away victories (20).
- We haven’t managed to beat reigning Champions at VP since 1998 (Arsenal)
- Robertson is dangerous: he’s delivered either a goal or assist in the last 7 of his 8 games.
- In last seasons game, L’Pool were losing 1-0 on 87 minutes, only to win 2-1.
- Liverpool: PL: 3 W: 3 PTS:9 POS: 3
- Aston Villa: PL: 2 :W 2 PTS: 6 POS: 7
- Expected Aston Villa Line-up: Martinez, Targett, Cash, Konsa, Mings, McGinn, Barkley, Douglas-Luiz, Grealish, Trezeguet, Watkins.
- Expected Liverpool Line-up: Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson; Fabinho, Wijnaldum; Jota, Firmino, Minamino; Salah.
- Kick Off: 19:15 / 7:15pm [GMT]
A decade of Villa News to your inbox – JOIN TODAY!
Want to help even more? Please DonateEmbed from Getty Images