Listen & Subscribe
As work winds down before Christmas into a blur of beige buffets & enforced social drinking, why not escape into the latest episode of the Podcast?
Ease the commute, suppress those mince pie burps and relax…
IN THIS EPISODE
- You’ll be whisked back to a time before Trump, Brexit and Tony Xia, to relive Christmas 1995. What was so special about 1995 you ask? Apart from it being the year Eric Cantona got banned for his Kung-fu kick and OJ Simpson was found ‘not guilty’ , it was Savo’s Christmas. We look back upon a memorable victory over forgotten neighbours Coventry City, with the then unlikely figure of Savo Milosevic, the star man.
- The Villa Underground had an up close experience at The Hawthorns of ‘The Hand of Rod’ – we’ll reflect on Villa’s display against Albion, the injustices of the Godforsaken league that is ‘The Championship’ and the many positives to take from a match stolen from us. The Villa Underground was behind enemy lines for this game, sat in the heart of the great unwashed in the Brummy Road End…what an ‘experience’.
- Next we discuss the emergence of Anwar El Ghazi. The former Ajax starlet has suddenly come to life in a Villa shirt, with some drawing bold comparisons to Cristiano Ronaldo.
- There’s also exclusive insight and info from the latest Fan Consultation Meeting, amidst thoughts on VAR and footballs colonisation of South America (in the context of the Copa Libertadores final).
- All this, for free, amongst all of the latest happenings from Villa Park.
- Don’t forget to get your Christmas jumper before it’s too late!