Villa Underground recently asked chelseadaft.org for their views on the state of our club, Chelsea’s indifferent season & a prediction for today’s result.
1. On current form Chelsea look in reasonable shape (4th in form table). However 10th position in the league tells its own story. What do you think has been the major underlying factors to such a disappointing season?
“This is the season that I will never understand and we’ve been trying to work out why it has played out the way it has.
You hear of players dipping in and out of form but to have virtually all of them do that apart from Willian is unheard of. From Champions to Chumps is the best way to describe it
Player unrest, a failed transfer approach in the summer and Physiogate has led to a season I want over with as quickly as possible.”
2. Speaking of disappointing seasons, Villa are having a absolute mare. As an outsider looking in, what are your views on our all but certain slide out of the Premier League?
“I think you need to look at the Owner and the board of directors first and foremost. It’s one thing to let your best players leave for big money but you must replace them or at least try to do so with something similar or near to what you had before.
Villa’s decline is simply because your players are not good enough.”
3. Who are your danger men we should look out for on Saturday & is there anyone on the periphery at Chelsea who is the next big thing?
“As always you have to look at Willian who has been outstanding and hopefully Alexandre Pato who is crying out for a chance to get a game to prove himself again.
Bertrand Traore could be the next big thing and had already impressed when he has played.
The next big thing? Make a note of Charly Musonda out on loan at Real Betis.”
4. If Villa could by some miracle take the game to you, where are your weak links, what areas are there to be exploited in your view?
“It has to be down our right hand side if Ivanovic is playing as full back. He was exposed on the opening day of the season and has been ever since.”
5. And finally, what are your predictions in terms of a result?
“If Guus Hiddink refuses to change things and plays the same players despite the fact that our season is over then I’ll go for a dull and boring 1-0 to Chelsea.”